Thursday 5 November 2015

Needle Felted Pan Fantasy Art Doll.

I have to say, I think this is the most excited I've ever been about a project!
I keep pushing myself to work outside of my comfort zone & I'm so pleased with the progress that I'm making.
Faces and large figures have always felt so intimidating to me as an artist, but the more I do them, the more excited I become about doing them. It's like a whole new world has opened up for me and I just love where it's going.

This has been one of the hardest projects for me to make, in the sense that I have really forced myself to be be patient, and really take my time to get him exactly right. I used to think that if I made a mistake, it was a bad thing & I would beat myself up over it for a while. Now I realize that getting something wrong gives me the opportunity to learn & progress and ultimately get it right in the end. Even if that means having to completely rebuild or re-work some part of it.

Anyway, enough of me babbling......Here is my latest creation... The Great God of Nature, Pan.

He is available to purchase in my Etsy Shop.

(These are the finished pics, if you want to see some of the work in progress pics & see some of the changes I made as I was working on him, then keep scrolling & I'll show them to you at the bottom)




Here are just a few pics I took along the way. You can see the 'first draught' of his face, before I improved it!








No comments:

Post a Comment