Tuesday 10 September 2013

Needle Felt "Buzzy Bee" Mobile.

The son of one of my very close friends is almost upon his first birthday & I wanted to hand make a gift for him, using felt.

I have decided to make a cute mobile to hang in his nursery & I really wanted to have a go at making some cute little "Buzzy Bees"!!!

I've made the bees & the beehive with a large and a small daisy. I want to find a twig to suspend them from, because I think it will look more organic. I have seen lots of examples of mobiles made in this way on Google images/Pinterest & I think they look amazing.


I will post more photos when I begin to assemble the Mobile.

11.09.13 - Update!

Walking to School yesterday to pick my daughter up, I was walking past some allotments where there is a pear tree that overhangs the fence. On the floor underneath the tree was a branch that had fallen off that looked absolutely perfect for my Buzzy Bee Mobile. I scooped it up & took it with me. When I got home, I removed all the leaves & set to work assembling the whole thing together.

As a finishing touch, I cut some 'leaves' from a sheet of green felt & attached them using green thread & a bit of glue. Very technical stuff.

Here is the finished Mobile. I can't wait to give it to my friend on her Sons birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment