Monday 16 September 2013

Needle Felt Fairy Mobile

I thought I would have a go at making this fairy mobile, using what I learned in the previous tutorial that I linked to, using pipe cleaners for the body.



The tutorial said to use embroidery thread to wrap around the pipe cleaner, which I did not have, so I had to improvise using cotton. I would not recommend this as the cotton is only fine, it took bloody ages! Anyway, it looked like this when finished:


I used a polystyrene ball for the head & got stuck in making the fairy. I made a flower fairy holding a bouquet of pink roses.


I felted onto a polystyrene ring and added some more cute pink roses


I used clear nylon thread to attach it all together & decorated the strands with beads & some tiny bells, so that it would make a light tinkling sound when it moves. And here is the finished thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment