Monday 4 January 2016

Needle Felted Fairy House, Tinkerbell Inspired.

Hello again!

This next piece that I am going to show you is one that started life very differently.
I originally made the roof for this house for a fairy house that I made from sticks & moss. It was mounted onto a tree stump & it did look absolutely amazing proudly displayed on my craft table. However, as it was so fragile, the frame of the house took a bit of an accidental knock one day & I could not fix it, so I decided to reclaim the roof & turn it into something even more beautiful, that was not quite so fragile.

This piece is very much inspired by Tinkerbell & the fairy houses in Pixie hollow.
It is a solid needle felted structure, standing approx. 19cm tall. It took absolutely ages just to felt the dome shape & make it big enough to fit snugly underneath the roof.
I then added the windows & door & other details before needle felting the roof securely on top. What I love most about this piece is the vibrancy of the green roof, in contrast to the white of the house.

This piece is available to purchase in my Etsy shop. Click here to view on ETSY.

No comments:

Post a Comment