Monday 4 January 2016

Wet Felted Fairy House Jar Lantern, Night Light.

A very Happy New Year to you all!

My first post of 2016!

After being completely swamped with Gnome orders in the run up to Christmas, I decided to take a break completely during the holidays and take some time to relax. Silly me! I have a six year old and a baby who is almost one & teething. I have absolutely no idea what made me think I was going to get any time to relax! Anyway, thank god the holidays are now over & we can get back to some sort of normal routine.

Ok, so I would like to share with you now a commissioned item that I made towards the latter end of last year. This is a large fairy house night light/lantern, with a wet felted toadstool roof.

I wet felted around the jar & then added needle felted detail & some embroidery details too. I also learned how to do a French knot correctly, as they make great flowers! My customer specifically requested that there be a Bunny and a Hedgehog incorporated into the picture.



This was such a fun piece to make & I will admit that it was hard to let go & hand it over, as I was a little bit in love with it! But, knowing that it will go on to be loved by someone else makes me very happy indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment