Thursday 15 August 2013

Needle Felt Gruffalo Mouse

Right, I decided to get my back side into gear & make a start on the other Gruffalo characters. I thought I'd opt for the "little brown mouse". I meant to take more pictures at each stage, but I got so enthralled in it that I forgot! Sorry! I promise I will take more on my next project. So again with this one, I started the basic shape using cushion stuffing:
Then I added more stuffing to build up the shape of his head & tummy. Once I was happy with the shape, I added fur (this was the most suitable of all the colours I had) I think that really the mouse should be a little darker & slightly more 'tanned' colour, but hey, I had to make the best of what I had available. Anyhoo, I then added white for his tummy and then the detail of eyes, eyebrows, smile and his ears:
Then, I attempted to start on his limbs... Well... a leg! I say attempted, because I really have no clue as to how it's supposed to be done. This is what I have come up with so far...
I'm not too happy with this leg. Its a bit wobbly. I think I may take it off & start over. But it was getting late, and I needed to get to bed so I will come back and finish him off (once I have done a bit more research into how to make limbs!). There are quite a few things that I think need 'tweaking' but I will do that once all his arms and legs are finished.


Update: I think I've figured out the arm and leg dilemma. His legs are slightly uneven but that's because I didn't figure it out until I got to the arms. For the arms I made a sausage shape then cut it in half so they were the same length and thickness. Here he is all finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment